DRC Recruitment 2019 – Danish Refugee Council Current Job Vacancy 2019
Are you looking for current job vacancy 2019? DRC Recruitment 2019 has some vacancies to fill under the Danish Refugee Council Current Job Vacancy 2019 apply now
Danish Refugee Council Current Job Vacancy 2019
DRC currently has 3 job vacancies to fill and interested and qualified applicants are welcomed to submit their application online.
Facts About Danish Refugee Council
DRC (Danish Refugee Council) is an NGO founded on the basis of humanitarian principles, and human rights-based approach, with a mission, to secure the protection of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs), and to promote long-term solutions to the problems of forced displacement.
Job Vacancies at DRC 2019
Currently, there are 4 job vacancies at Danish Refugee Council and they include;
Supply Chain Officer-Warehouse location: Maiduguri Deadline: 22-01-2019
Humanitarian Mine Action Manager location: Maiduguri Deadline:29-01-2019
Cashier Assistant location: Bama
Protection Assistant location: Maiduguri Deadline: 13-01-2019
Requirements for DRC Recruitment 2019
Supply Chain Officer-Warehouse
- 1-2 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national level in the supply chain with a focus of warehousing.
- Varied supply/logistics functional background ranging from Inventory and warehousing to transport management and distribution to beneficiaries an asset,
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with commercial transporters and coordinating supply delivery to remote and insecure areas
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Ability to multitask and work comfortably under pressure
- Experience from working in an NGO
- Knowledge in Hausa/Kanuri desirable
Humanitarian Mine Action Manager
Experience and technical competencies:
• Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in humanitarian mine action and full understanding of its technical requirements.
• Previous work experience as an Operations Manager
• Minimum two years previous experience working with a mine action INGO
• Proven management experience gained in a range of settings.
• Experience with accreditation to IMAS standard
• Proven record of training, mentoring and developing the capacity of staff, national and international
• Experience of working in challenging and insecure environments
• Diplomatic, patient and persistent.
• Experience working in a diverse and cross-cultural context
• Willingness to embrace and further develop overall objectives such as gender equity, impact monitoring, and cross-sector cooperation.
• High degree of computer literacy – fully proficient in the use of word, excel, and powerpoint
• Experience in GIS an asset
• Willing to live in a shared team house
• University degree in a relevant discipline
• IMAS EOD 3 qualifications
Fluency in written and spoken English.
Contract length: One-year contract
Designation of Duty Station: Maiduguri, Borno State. Non-family Duty station
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
- At least two years’ work experience in the field of finance/accounting/bookkeeping in an NGO or the commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas)
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Willing to meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Autonomous and ready to take initiative to improve within her/his area of responsibility
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Good communication and teamwork spirit.
- BA./BSc. in a relevant field (sociology, social work, psychology, education, counseling, human rights, development studies etc.)
- Alternatively: experience as DRC Protection field worker 2 yrs.
- Work experience in a humanitarian organization / with displacement affected populations or experience as a DRC protection field worker
- Good knowledge of protection norms, principles, and activities
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Professional fluency in English and Hausa
- Ability and willingness to maintain a regular presence at project sites (remote / field sites) and to work during irregular working hours and in insecure environments
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills – self-motivated individuals, able to take initiative and propose solutions, resilient, positive, and able to work independently
- Knowledge of the protection monitoring data collection methods
- Knowledge / previous experience with Psychosocial support services activities and standards
- Previous experience with DRC as a volunteer or staff will be considered as an advantage
Contract length: 9 Months
How to Apply for DRC Recruitment 2019
Interested and eligible persons are to visit the DRC recruitment portal here, to select their desired position, click on it for requirements and then click on apply to fill the recruitment form with all required documents where necessary.
DRC Recruitment 2019 Deadline
The deadline for each position is as listed above and all applicants are to ensure they submit their application before the stipulated deadline.