P-yes.gov.ng: P-YES what it is, Application Guideline, and Requirements
P-yes – Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme is a new Nigeria Federal Government scheme designed to empower youths with soft skills to help them stay self-employed.
P-YES application portal
The portal for application into P-yes is p-yes.gov.ng and all applicants are to submit their application through this portal free of charge.
Facts about P-YES
The P-yes scheme is another scheme like the N-power program introduced by the Buhari led administration to empower Nigeria youths(18 years to 40 years) with requisite skills, knowledge, and resources.
Skills Covered by P-yes
Applicants who which to under training in P-yes can choose from any of the following skills;
ICT & Mobile money
What you stand to Gain after a Successful Training
According to the content available on P-yes.gov.ng, successful persons will be empowered with rice mills, poultry accessories, branded mobile kiosks, farm implements, mobile restaurants, tents, photography units etc. This depends on the skill you applied for.
Requirements for Application
- The application is open to literates, semi-literates, and non-literates
- You must be able and willing to learn
- You must be a Nigerian between the age of 18 – 40 years old male or female
- You must have a means of identification (national id, voters card, international passport etc)
- You must provide a second level beneficiary (another youth from your community who you can teach the skill you’ve learned after one year)
- Ability to communicate in simple English
- Have good character
- Have a guarantor( a pastor or a chief)
- Get endorsement from a local government official
- Download and complete a guarantor form
How to apply
All applicants are to apply via the P-yes portal on p-yes.gov.ng by clicking on the apply now button at the end of the home page or use this direct link http://applicant.p-yes.gov.ng/signup
After application, you can wait for the list of shortlisted candidates for P-yes to be released.