IITA Recruitment – Requirements and How to Apply for IITA Recruitment
In this post, you will find details on IITA Recruitment, requirements, how to apply for IITA recruitment and the deadline for IITA application
IITA – International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is currently recruiting interested and qualified persons to fill some vacant positions in iita Ibadan office.
Available Positions in IITA Recruitment
The following positions are currently open for application;
Yam Breeder; Deadline18/04/2018
Head of Capacity Development Office; Deadline: 19/04/2018
Financial Management Specialist (TAAT); Deadline: 01/05/2018
Requirements for International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Recruitment
The candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in plant breeding or related discipline and a good knowledge
• Extensive experience in a field-breeding program, and adequate exposure to molecular biology to
implement genomics-assisted breeding.
• A strong peer-reviewed publication record.
• Organizational, planning, and budget management experience.
• Donor relations and project management experience including proposal writing and oversight of
compliance matters resulting in continuously donor-funded projects.
• Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural environment.
• Excellent leadership, mentoring, management, interpersonal, and team building skills.
• Demonstrated strong capabilities in statistical data analysis.
• Fluency in oral and written English. Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
Head of Capacity Development Office
Advanced degree in agricultural education, business administration, communications, liberal arts,
human resources or related field. At least eight years’ experience in a relevant management position
and at least eight years’ experience with developing and facilitating training programs and/or
management of capacity building programs.
• Strong leadership experience with a multi-disciplinary, international or research organization.
• Proven experience in capacity building and learning theory and organizational development work
in multinational settings in several capacity development areas.
• Ability to articulate and present material in a professional and effective manner, to a wide range of
constituents including donors, government officials, the private sector, collaborators, farmers, etc.
• Ability to find and mobilize resources to support capacity building work.
• Excellent communication, networking, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact
effectively with donors, colleagues, research institutions, and partners.
• Flexibility and ability to cope with changes in priorities.
• Sound political judgment and ability to be pragmatic and diplomatic with varied players.
• Good command of written and verbal English and French with the ability to articulate a strong
Financial Management Specialist
Educational Qualifications and Experience
• A qualified accountant with full membership of an internationally recognized accounting professional
a body such as CA, CPA, ACCA, CGMA.
• Possess a minimum of ten (10) years of post-qualification experience of which four (4) years must be
in a similar position preferably working on donor-funded projects.
• Have familiarity with a usage of accounting software in recording, processing and preparing financial
• Have sound knowledgeable of IPSAS, IFRS or local accounting standards that comply with IPSAS or
IFRS requirements, and application of those standards in practice.
• Have extensive experience in planning, budgeting budgetary control, and financial reporting.
• Possess knowledge and experience of donor disbursement procedures and justification practices.
• Possess good people management skills, interpersonal relationship skills, honesty and the ability to
communicate fluently in English with some working knowledge of the French language.
• Must be a team player and have the ability to meet deadlines.
• Must be prepared to undertake extensive field visits in support of implementation.
• Knowledge of Oracle accounting system will be an added advantage
How to Apply for IITA recruitment
All interested and qualified persons should complete their recruitment form via the IITA recruitment portal http://www.iita.org/about/jobs/ by selecting the position they wish to apply for and then complete all required fields within the online application form before the deadline.